Well I just wanted to say hello to the people who continued to follow even through the long period of not posting. I want to thank my mother-in-law for writing up a couple of the more recent posts to try and get my blog going again. Well as for my family, my brother and both of my sisters have got the all clear thank god. As for me the Dr. told me that more than likely the nodules that I have are bi-nine, from what he says the more you have the less chance it can be cancer. I will still be going to surgery to have my thyroid and the nodules removed in Feb. Anyways I will be back posting up my opinions for anyone who cares real soon now. Thank you all for continuing to follow my blog.
Our 14-year-old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so, and she dictated these words: Dear God, Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick. I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you will know that she is my dog. I really miss her. Love, Meredith We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had. Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, ‘To Meredith’ in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, ‘When a Pet Dies.’ Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note: Dear Meredith, Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help and I recognized her right away. Abbey isn’t sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don’t need our bodies in heaven, I don’t have any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by. Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you. I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much. By the way, I’m easy to find. I am wherever there is love. Love, God Don’t say you’re too busy to forward this. Just go ahead and do it **SHARE**
One of the biggest cuts in government spending during the most recent fiscal cliff was to cut food stamps by over five billion dollars. Makes sense! Take from the poor, but keep those triple digit salaries coming for the top officials in the government, you know the ones who don’t do anything except argue and threaten each other! And don’t forget to send the checks over to other countries to feed their hungry and poor.
Sure, I know we had to cut somewhere, but does anyone actually sit down and think about what they are doing BEFORE they start cutting.
The food stamp program feeds an estimated 48 million people in the United States every month. According to the latest figures, a family of four will lose approximately $36.00 per month in benefits. Doesn’t sound like much, but in most cases, the family was already either doing without some meals or getting help from other sources, such as food pantries to supplement their food budget. Now if the family must take more money out of their budget to spend on food, they will surely cut down spending somewhere else. How will that help our flailing economy?
In addition to cutting the food stamp program, the government will also cut down subsidies to farmers of over $39 billion in the next decade. So now we aren’t just taking away the income farmer’s receive from selling their crops to feed the poor, but also taking away any help we might give them to produce that food. At the same time, the cost of fuel needed to run farm equipment, interest on farm loans, and the cost of seed continues to rise. Isn’t there somewhere else we could get this money from? Are we still subsidizing the billion dollar oil companies?
In the long run, these government spending cuts will reduce consumer spending and, with it, economic growth.
According to an article in the New York Times, these cuts could easily put more pressure on our already fragile economic recovery. The article states: “Measures that grant more spending power to lower-income people generally have strong effects throughout the economy because the money is spent immediately and then re-spent. Moody’s Analytics has estimated that every additional dollar spent on food stamps generates about $1.74 in economic activity.”
Even more harm will be done if unemployment benefits, which average $260 a week, are cut again or stopped outright at year-end. Nearly 37 percent of the nation’s 11.3 million jobless workers have been out of work for more than six months, still higher by far than at any time before the Great Recession.
With cuts in unemployment, farm subsidies and food stamps it seems more and more obvious that the government is less and less committed to combatting poverty. I once worked for a company whose economic development strategy was that if they didn’t help the poor population, it would just move somewhere else? Really? How? Maybe the poor could just move to another country, then they would be able to get help from the United States government to feed their families!
A Walk That Symbolises My Life
The morning starts I abruptly wake
Resist, fight, but I must rise
Today is a fantastic new day
Time for me to start my walk
A walk that symbolises my life
Layers of clothing I sleepily adorn
Sleepy, weary, but I must come alive
Another SoberDay has passed
A new one is beginning with this walk
A walk that symbolises my life
In to the darkness my feet do step
Tenderly, slowly, but I must find my stride
A new morning is slowly rising
Steps into the moonlight I will take on
A walk that symbolises my life
The darkness subsides as I journey
Confident, alive, but I must press on
Gracefully the sunlight spreads
My feet take a path from darkness to light on
A walk that symbolises my life
- An adult human brain is about 2% of total body weight.
- There is a road in Japan that plays a song as you drive over it.
- Butterflies taste with there feet.
- Did you know that 35% of people who use dating sites are already married?
- Humans cannot taste without saliva.
- There are 10 human body parts that are only 3 letters long (eye, hip, arm, leg, ear, toe, jaw, rib, lip, gum.
- Suicide ranks third as a cause of death among young (15-24) Americans (American Association of Suicidology)
- The Ringtail was names Arizona’s State Mammal in 1986.
- Arizona supplies about 65% of the Nations copper.
- They made the famous “Mr. Ed” talk with peanut butter.
- The Statue of Liberty weights 225 tons, that is 450,000 lbs.
- A kitchen sponge is 200,000 times dirtier than a toilet seat. (OMG is all I could think)
- A dishcloth is 20,000 times dirtier.
- Scorpions can have as many as twelve eyes.
- Eye’s of Chameleons move separately therefore they can see what’s coming from either side without moving their head.
- Pain occurs when sounds are above 130 db
- Did you know that if you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.
- Did you know that if you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- Did you know that people say “Bless you” when you sneeze because when you sneeze,your heart stops for a mili-second.
- Did you know that men tend to dream more about other men. Around 70% of the characters in a man’s dream are other men. On the other hand, a woman’s dream contains almost an equal number of men and women. Aside from that, men generally have more aggressive emotions in their dreams than the female lot.
- Did you know that on average you can dream anywhere from one or two hours every night.
- Did you know that most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety. Negative emotions are more common than positive ones.
- Did you know that our mind is not inventing faces – in our dreams we see real faces of real people that we have seen during our life but may not know or remember.
- Did you know People who became blind after birth can see images in their dreams. People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion.
- Did you know that Bruce Lee was so fast that they had to slow the film down so you could see his movies. They have to speed it up for normal actors and actresses.
- Did you know that rats multiply so rapidly that two rats could have over a million descendants within a year and a half.
- Did you know that the bacteria in your ear can increase by 700 times just from wearing headphones for an hour.
- Did you know that in a study of 200,000 ostriches it has never been proved that they bury there heads in the sand.
- Did you know that horses and rats cannot vomit?
- Did you know that every year an average of 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens?
- Did you know that it is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow? Go ahead try it…
- Did you know that your nose and ears will grow for the rest of your life but your eyes are the same size from birth.
- Did you know that on an average Americans eat 18 acres of pizza in a single day.
- Did you know that the electric chair was invented by a Dentist. Now I could have done without knowing that…
- Did you know that when glass breaks, the cracks move at speeds of up to 3,000 miles per hour.
- Did you know that a normal person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a Few weeks.
- Did you know that if you were attacked by 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, your body would be completely drained of blood.
- Did you know that sharks can live up to 100 years old.
- Did you know that a cat’s urine will glow under a black light.
- Did you know that many fish can change their sex during their lives and other deep-sea fish are known to have both male and female sex organs.
- Did you know that rabbits and parrots are the only two animals that can see behind themselves without turning there heads.
- Did you know that an elephant tooth can weight as much as 9 pounds.
- Did you know that an owl can rotate it’s head 170 degrees.
- Did you know that air rushes out of your nose at a rate of 100 miles per hour when you sneeze.
- Did you know that a camels hump is not used to store water it stores fat. Camels drink about 20 gallons of water which is stored into the camels bloodstream.
- In 1938, Time Magazine chose Adolf Hitler for man of the year.
- Scientists are worried how radiation may be affecting humans after a recent finding of mutant butterflies in Japan with abnormal legs, eyes and wings among other things caused by radiation from the Fukushima nuclear accident which was triggered by a major tsunami in March 2011.
- Did you know a full grown giraffe has 7 vertebrae just like a human.
- Thomas Edison had 1000 patents.
- The Olive Wright got hit in the face before he tried to go to college and lost his self confidences and two teeth.
I’ll keep adding to this as I find things of interest
This girl is awesome and I’m not just saying that because she’s from Arizona. For suck a young girl she really has some vocals. Me and my family love the X Factor and fell in love with this little girls voice from the moment we heard her. If you havnt heard her then you need to. Here’s the link to her video…
Has anyone else noticed that not only the weather but the people are also acting chaotic. I don’t think this is new information but I do think it’s getting worse. I’ve noticed that people are starting to go crazy and do the unthinkable. There are earth quakes, tornado’s, tsunami’s, and many other natural disasters happening in places they usually don’t occur. To tell you the truth this scares the hell out of me. I guess when I envisioned our future I saw peace but that doesn’t seem to be the direction were headed. It’s scary to think about the future now because if it’s this chaotic now how do you think it’s going to be 50 years from now? What are our children going to have to endure?